Mechanics and Curtains

 Mechanic:

Josiah and I were driving home, Josiah in the van and I in our car. I was following Josiah and there was one car in between us. We stopped at a stop light and were waiting for the light to turn green. When the light turned green, Josiah didn’t go and the car in front of me but behind Josiah started honking and I started worrying. It seemed like the van wouldn’t go and everyone was going to be angry at us. However, Josiah jumped out of the van and then the “angry” guy behind him helped Josiah push the van. Not only did the guy help Josiah push the van but like 4 other guys jumped out of nowhere to help Josiah push! It was crazy that so many people were helping and that they didn’t even stop to think if they wanted to help they just jumped right out of their cars and some even ran across the busy street and helped push. It made me feel really good and made me even more excited to see more of this beautiful world with beautiful people.
Thankfully, we let the van rest overnight and in the morning it started up again.  We took it to the mechanic and the mechanic was able to fix the problem.  It cost us about $500 and we had to keep it at the mechanic overnight.  I'm not sure what we will do if we have a similar problem when we are living in the van, I guess we could sleep in a hotel or in a tent if the mechanic needs the van overnight.  Thankfully, we discovered the problem before we start living in the van full time.

Curtains:
I asked my sister if I could borrow her sewing machine.  I thought sewing the curtains would take about an hour so I was just going to use her sewing stuff at her house.  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚  Boy!  Was I wrong!  Thankfully, she let me take her sewing machine home (or else I would have been staying at her house for a week!)  Josiah and I have both been working on the curtains and we are finally done with sewing them, at least hopefully we are done with sewing.  We are going for the "boho chic" look and I hope by the end of this remodeling we will get the vibe that we are going for.  I think it is really important to have good feng shui in your house so I am hoping to have that in our little van home.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playdough Volcano

Riding in a Bike Trailer

Josiah's Mission E-Mails (1st 6 Months)