Playdough Volcano

 

Kat and I just made the easiest playdough we've ever made!  We have made the playdough that uses mostly flour and we have made the playdough that uses mostly salt and I think we have made a couple others but I don't remember what they used.  Anyways, this one only uses conditioner and baking soda.  I love activities that I can do with Kat without having to go buy something from the store.  We just mixed about a tablespoon of conditioner and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.  However, my daughter was helping scoop, poor, and mix so the amount that actually made it into the bowl and stayed in the bowl is probably different than that.  Basically, you can just mix the 2 together slowly until you get what you want.  We ended up with a "moon sand" like feel and we made snowmen and just played with it.  When we were done playing with the playdough, we put vinegar in the bowl and created little explosions.  Kat loved that the most!  We also were able to do a bunch of explosions, I think the conditioner made the baking soda immortal because usually I can only make a few explosions with the same baking soda, it was awesome.

Comments

  1. That’s such a great idea! I had no idea it was that easy to make. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's such an innovative idea wow! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Riding in a Bike Trailer

Learning Game