An Unedited Birth Story

Monday (March 11, 2019)
Monday 1:55pm
I go to my OBGYN for my 39 weeks pregnant 🀰 appointment. There was nothing out of the ordinary, or at least that is what I thought. The nurse checked my vitals and after the doctor did his part everything seemed good. Then at the way end of the appointment my doctor told me that I needed to get my blood pressure checked again and if it is still really high then I would need to be induced. We checked again and sure enough it was high enough for the doctor to think I had preeclampsia and needed to be induced. He told me he would call the doctor and that they would call me to tell me when to come in that night. I should expect the call before 6pm and definitely before 8pm.

Monday 2:38pm
I call Josiah and tell him I have to go to the hospital today. He says he will try to get off work early and that I should let him know what the hospital says when they call.

Monday 3:00pm
I go to Walmart and buy a robe and snacks for the hospital. A lady at Walmart dropped her chocolate milk and I picked it up and she said, “oh don’t pick that up, you’re so pregnant” so I said, “true, I am super pregnant” I’d never felt so pregnant till today. I ended up just walking all around Walmart because I was just so nervous for tonight. I didn’t want to be induced because I didn’t want to be the one to pick when Kat comes to the world (yeah, I know, we kind of already were the ones who picked when she came to the world but being induced seemed different to me).  However, I needed to be induced and didn’t just pick to be induced so I was happy about that.

Monday 5:00pm
Why hasn’t the hospital called me yet?!?

Monday 6:00pm
I called the hospital and they said that all their rooms were full and they couldn’t see me yet and that I should call them at 9:00pm

Monday 8:59pm
I called the hospital and they still don’t have a room but they will call me in the middle of the night and tell me if they have a room and if they have a doctor willing to stay the night. They tell me to get some rest.

Monday 6:00pm - 11:00pm
I’m having Braxton Hicks, they are starting to be longer and more frequent. I start putting them in my  contraction app and I see that they are probably real contractions!

Monday 11:30pm
The hospital calls and says that we can come in now. We grab our bags and drive off.

Monday 11:35pm
I forgot my coloring book πŸ“š , we go back home so I can get it.

Tuesday (March 12, 2019)
Tuesday Midnight
We get to the hospital and I get a pill πŸ’Š to help my cervix widen for the baby’s delivery

Tuesday 4:00am
I’ve been having contractions for 4 hours. I’ve been able to sleep through them mostly but they are getting more and more painful. My nurse asks me if I want an epidural or some pain reliever through an IV. I say no to the epidural but yes to the pain reliever. It helps a lot but it wears off before I am allowed to get a second dose.

Tuesday 6:00am
Contractions are hurting really bad and my nurse offers me shaved ice. I chose Pina Colada flavor and it was delicious..... until I started throwing it up. I think the contractions were painful enough to not let me keep it down, it was kind of weird. And my contractions are just getting worse. I end up trying to get comfortable on a yoga ball and on the side of the bed and kneeling (while kneeling the scripture Philippians 4:13 came to mind and it stayed with me during the rest of the time) and standing and dancing and watching Arrow on Netflix. Nothing really took away the pain. However, Josiah turned on relaxing instrumental music (I usually hate instrumental music) but that helped me relax.

Tuesday 9:00am
I am in so much pain that Josiah has to help me during the contractions. He helps at first by just holding my hand or by being my support if I’m standing but by now he is pushing on my knees while I go through the contractions. I don’t know why this helps but it does. And the contractions are picking up and my cervix is finally starting to get bigger. It went from a 1 to a 1 1/2 to a 2... so pretty slow, then it went from a 3 to a 6 to a 9 so it was going crazy fast! So fast that I had to be seriously monitored, given oxygen, and given water through an IV.

Tuesday 9:30am
Contractions are really bad and then I feel like I have to go to the bathroom. Like Super Bad! I literally jump/roll out of bed and yell at Josiah to help me unhook everything (he wasn’t going fast enough and I almost pulled the machines to the floor because I was in such a rush).  The feeling was just so strong... anyways, I get to the bathroom but then the nurses come running in and tell me that the feelings I’m feeling is the baby! OHH! So I lay back down and the nurses call the doctor in. He breaks my water and I’m going to have the baby!

Tuesday 9:56am
I start pushing the baby out. I tell the nurse that I’m in a lot of pain but they say that I only have a little longer to go.  I ask if a little longer means a couple hours (if it did then I wanted an epidural) but she said I probably had 30 minutes left. The nurses move a mirror so I can see the baby come and Josiah and a nurse held my legs.  Then the doctor said that he could see the head and that was just so CRAZY! I got to see it all in the mirror and it was the most beautiful thing.  I really didn't think I could push the whole time but as soon as the head was out, all of her came sliding out.

Tuesday 10:16am
Katherine Joy Cazier was born. I got to hold her  as soon as she was born (I'm tearing up just thinking about it) and when I was holding her I felt so much peace and love! However, she wasn't crying so I got scared and told the nurse to take her back and get her to cry.  She didn't cry but she seemed healthy and Josiah was watching her and took pictures.

Tuesday 12:00pm
After the nurses checked Kat's vitals (Josiah went with them) I got to feed her for the first time. She did really well.

Tuesday 1:00pm
I finally got to eat.  It was salad, green beans, chicken, and mashed potatoes.  It was the best food.  I was so hungry.

Tuesday 2:00pm
We left the labor and delivery room and went to the recovery room. I didn't use a wheelchair and the nurses kept saying I was a hero.  It was so funny.  They made me feel really cool.  Any woman who has given birth, is a hero.  No matter how they have the baby, they are a hero.  Even moms who adopt instead of giving birth are still heroes, literally they are keeping society alive.

Tuesday 6:00pm
Michael, Allison, and AnnaBelle came and visited us in the hospital.  They brought burgers and held Katherine.  AnnaBelle was really cute and seemed excited to meet her brand new couple hours old cousin.

Wednesday (March 13, 2019)
Today has been full of emotions. I love Katherine so much. She is the cutest little girl. It is unbelievable how much I love her, anyone who has had a baby has experienced a miracle. We left the hospital today and on the way home we got DQ blizzards to celebrate (they were having a BOGO $0.99 sale). It seemed silly to celebrate something so amazing (Katherine's birth) with something so mediocre (blizzards) but we were hungry. Once we got home, I had a hard time breastfeeding. I was frustrated that I couldn't easily give my baby the nutrients she needs to survive.  It was frustrating and I cried about it but Josiah comforted me and helped me.  I think I just need to be patient with myself.

Thursday (March 14, 2019)
We slept in our own bed last night, slept is a strong word for it. LOL. However, having a baby is so worth all the difficult times (like lack of sleep, pain from breastfeeding, and pain from contractions and delivery).
Tonight, Josiah's brother and grandpa came to see Katherine. I made them wash their hands before holding Kat.  I honestly don't care if I am being "paranoid" or whatever, if you wantto touch my baby then you will wash your hands first. Anyways, we fed them pizza and played ImagineIff with them.  It was okay but I was really tired.

Friday (March 15, 2019)
I am filled with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for giving me Kat.  I am so blessed to have her in my life. She is beautiful and healthy and already so smart and interested in the world around her.  I am so excited for my life with this young lady by my side.  Raising Kat will be hard, but with the Lord on our side, I know that we can do it.   

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playdough Volcano

Riding in a Bike Trailer

Josiah's Mission E-Mails (1st 6 Months)